[Libreoffice-qa] UNCONFIRMED: Under 300!

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 00:42:39 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 3:30 AM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
> I have an idea regarding this...
> when a new user finish reporting a new bugs let's redirect him/her to a page
> which a message like: "thanks for filing a new bug report. In the meanwhile
> when you are waiting your bug to be confirmed, why don't you take the time
> to try to triage one of the UNCONFIRMED bugs opened by other users like
> you?"
>
> then I'd redirect or give them links to the "how to triage bugs wiki" and
> "UNCONFIRMED bugs list"
>
> if we persuade users that "submit a new bug, triage another one" would help
> qA and LibO development we would keep the UNCONFIRMED count low and convince
> other user to join the QA team

Yep -- we've had some similar discussions in the past about how we can
engage with people using Bugzilla.

Another idea along the same lines was to show people bugs that were
similar to theirs (e.g. SVG bugs, or templating bugs, or OSX bugs,
etc..) and ask them if it was the same problem they had or a different
problem, and then if it was different, if they could reproduce. That
way they could see how that work pertained to their original problem
:-)

Several options will become much more feasible once we complete the
Bugzilla Migration and can do all kinds of crazy things to Bugzilla.
Speaking of which:

HEY EVERYONE! Please sign up for support slots DURING and AFTER the
migration. Right now we've got only one person during (Beluga) and two
people for the few days after (Rob and me). All you have to do is be
keeping an eye in IRC or the mailing list, and help out any wayward
contributors who get confused about where to go to file their bugs or
which button to click to reset their password.

DURING:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/LibreOffice_Bugzilla_Proposal#Staffing_the_QA_Support_Channels

AFTER:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/TDF_Bugzilla_Proposal/Post-Migration_Support