[Libreoffice-qa] suggestion for weekly-bug-summary

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:14:24 PST 2015

On 01/29/2015 04:01 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 03:13:18PM -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
>> I agree that it would be good & it is possible. I highly recommend we
>> create a new product "bugzilla" where we can easily track these
>> enhancement requests...else they are likely to get lost in the abyss.
> Nope. Bugzilla is Infra. Infra is on Redmine. Lets not make exceptions to
> exceptions. Its already complicated enough.

I've never been a fan of this split to begin with. Having a much less
visible means of suggesting enhancement requests or bugs pretty much
just sucks. Just speaking for myself, I'm very unlikely to report any
enhancement requests about bugzilla on redmine...
> see: https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1055#note-1
>      http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/TDF-bugzilla-bug-report-td4137958.html
>
> Still, creating enhancement suggestions _if_ they are reasonably ressourced, or
> the reporter commits him/herself to it is of course great. But that has to
> happen on Redmine.
So we're only tracking enhancement requests if the reporter can either
(1) do it themselves; or (2) they can show that it's reasonably
resourced? I can't imagine a similar strategy working for LibreOffice
itself - we might as well close 99% of enhancement requests. I don't get
why we'd have two different "philosophies" just because one is "infra"
and the other is .... something else?

Best,
Joel