[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Triage: What takes the most time? What slows you down?

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Wed Jul 1 14:17:28 PDT 2015

Hi Robinson,

Robinson Tryon wrote on 01-07-15 15:28:

> I'm interested in hearing what takes the biggest chunk of your time
> during bug triage, so we can see if we can simplify and/or reduce the
> time/energy that we spend on each bug.

Thanks for asking.
I estimate that I look at 5-10 new issues per day and step in on maybe
some 5-10 per week currently.
I pick those that are relatively easy for me, or really interesting.
Often I just try to confirm and comment that.
Also frequently I look in one or more older versions, to find out if it
is a new issue.
For some issues I remember that they are already reported and then I try
to find those.
I look at the summaries, if those are clear enough IMO.
Sometimes I try to find other related issues and bring some clarity.
That definitely is most time consuming.

So the most time I spent, is not so much related to keep the unconfirmed
count low as such, but rather on the rest of the work.
Time saving is if a certain area is nicely cleaned, so that finding
related issues is relatively easy.
Maybe an idea: a button on the page with the issue, that starts a query
with many of the arguments already set, taken from the issue?

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws