[Libreoffice-qa] MAB/Priority and Severity

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:51:04 PDT 2015

On 06/23/2015 12:32 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 01:14:54PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
>> So the time has finally arrived that we are moving forward with _locking
>> out priority/severity_. This means that *MAB will be retired*.
> I'd like to suggest to add this query as a reocurring item for the Robinson and
> the rest of the call to look at during the QA section of the ESC call:
>
>  https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&chfield=priority&chfieldfrom=-8d&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=highest&list_id=545001&priority=highest&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
>
> It shows:
>
> - open bugs
> - that were changed to priority highest (thus a MAB) in the last 8 days
>   (aka ~since the last call)
> - and currently are still priority highest (and thus a MAB)
>
> This is for the ESC to both be aware of newly marked important bugs -- and also
> to weed out one or another wrongly marked high priority bug. Also, this should
> help us keep the total number of high priority bugs both under control and on
> the radar.
>
> @Robinson: Can you take that up?
Along with this - I created the patch months ago that is sitting in the
test instance to block priority/severity from being changed by
"non-contributors." Beluga and I put in some time adding all devs and QA
members (or at least the vast majority) to a new group in bugzilla so
that they will have the rights without requesting. At this point I'm
just waiting for Robinson to give me some feedback as to what the hold
up is.

@Robinson - if texting is easier than IRC or email - feel free to text
me with suggestions for times that we can push this change once and for
all. I have 3 more that I intend on making but I want to wait until this
one is done before doing more.

Best,
Joel