[Libreoffice-qa] Collabora LibreOffice Vanilla QA on OSX

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:20:27 PDT 2015

Le 23/06/2015 20:17, Andras Timar a écrit :

Hi all,

For the consequences of the build switches, as I understand them, see
below :

> Please find below the build configurations Collabora used:
>
> LibreOffice-from-Collabora:

> --disable-ext-ct2n
> --disable-ext-google_docs
> --disable-ext-mariadb-connector
> --disable-ext-numbertext

The above extensions are currently not built by default in master AFAIK
or in the default TDF builds.

ct2n is an extension to convert a number written as text to digital
number display

google-docs is the Google Docs extension add-on - this requires Java

mariadb-connector is the extension for building a sdbc driver that will
allow for "native" (i.e. internal C++ wrapped around a C connector
library, as opposed to calls to a JDBC/ODBC library) connections to a
mysql/mariadb database server

numbertext is an extension that does the opposite of ct2n ??

> --disable-lotuswordpro

These are the lwp filters.

> --disable-lpsolve
This is the internal solver code

> --disable-neon
Not sure about this one, but possibly related to network file access ?

> --disable-opengl

No OpenGL support - as I understand, this is/was disabled on Mac master
anyway

> --disable-pdfimport

This is the code used to display and edit PDF documents in Writer and
Draw, which means that users will not be able to open PDF documents for
editing in LibreOffice

> --disable-postgresql-sdbc

This is the postgresql database driver, used to natively connect LO to
postgres instances

> --enable-macosx-retina
HiDPI support enabled

> --enable-mpl-subset

No idea what this does

> --disable-python

This switch builds in python support. If it is not present, any and all
python-dependent functionality will fail to work - that includes
mailmerge, many of the wizards that were rewritten in python (e.g.
Fax/Letter template wizards), UNO programming via python,

> --with-theme=tango

Bit surprised not to see the Breeze icon theme here - any particular
reason ?

> --without-help
> --without-helppack-integration

No built-in help, i.e. clicking on the help button or F1 should launch
Safari and point to the help wiki

> --without-java

Any and all Java required functionality will not work - this includes a
great deal of Base (embedded hsqldb, any and all JDBC driver
functionality, Oracle ReportWriter) any and all Java user extensions
that people might wish to install, and also some of the remaining
wizards that are still written in Java

One would hope that a suitably clear explanatory message is given when
the user tries to activate any such call to instantiate the JVM, or that
the app won't suddenly curl up and die.

> --without-myspell-dicts

I'm not sure what the extent of the effect of this is. My understanding
is that the hunspell/myspell dictionaries don't get built with this
switch and that by default the Apple spelling correction is used instead ?

> LibreOffice Vanilla:
> --enable-extension-integration

This enables bundled extension integration in general

> --disable-online-update

Pretty obvious - I'm assuming there is an obligatory update mechanism
that needs to be provided when one hosts an app in the AppStore ?

> --disable-odk

> --enable-ext-wiki-publisher
> --enable-report-builder
> --enable-ext-nlpsolver

See above - with these switches on, the corresponding extensions are
bundled - note that the report-builder extension requires Java,
otherwise it will fail miserably to load and provoke an error message
(or worse, the whole app will fail)

> --enable-symbols

This is supposed to provide debugging symbols, although not quite sure
how that works without --enable-dbgutil, maybe I have an incomplete
understanding

> --without-java

As Andras indicated in his mail, removing the Java switch and including
the Report Builder extension is nonsense, it simply won't run, or worse,
have other unintended side effects.

Alex