[Libreoffice-qa] Collabora LibreOffice Vanilla QA on OSX

Andras Timar timar at fsf.hu
Thu Jun 25 01:04:03 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 23/06/2015 20:17, Andras Timar a écrit :
>

> Hi all,
>
> For the consequences of the build switches, as I understand them, see
> below :

Generally, you can read configure.ac for the meaning of build
switches. It would eliminate the guesswork.

>> --disable-lpsolve
> This is the internal solver code

We use coinmp instead.

>> --disable-neon
> Not sure about this one, but possibly related to network file access ?

We use serf instead.

>> --disable-python
>
> This switch builds in python support. If it is not present, any and all
> python-dependent functionality will fail to work - that includes
> mailmerge, many of the wizards that were rewritten in python (e.g.
> Fax/Letter template wizards), UNO programming via python,

Regarding Mailmerge, only the emailing script is in Python.

>> --with-theme=tango
>
> Bit surprised not to see the Breeze icon theme here - any particular
> reason ?

We plan to switch to Breeze.

>> --without-java
>
> Any and all Java required functionality will not work - this includes a
> great deal of Base (embedded hsqldb, any and all JDBC driver
> functionality, Oracle ReportWriter) any and all Java user extensions
> that people might wish to install, and also some of the remaining
> wizards that are still written in Java
>
> One would hope that a suitably clear explanatory message is given when
> the user tries to activate any such call to instantiate the JVM, or that
> the app won't suddenly curl up and die.

AFAIK there are no more Java Wizards in LO 4.3. Why would the app
suddenly die without Java? It does not die.

>> --without-myspell-dicts
>
> I'm not sure what the extent of the effect of this is. My understanding
> is that the hunspell/myspell dictionaries don't get built with this
> switch and that by default the Apple spelling correction is used instead ?

Apple spell checking is used.

>> --enable-ext-wiki-publisher
>> --enable-report-builder
>> --enable-ext-nlpsolver
>
> See above - with these switches on, the corresponding extensions are
> bundled - note that the report-builder extension requires Java,
> otherwise it will fail miserably to load and provoke an error message
> (or worse, the whole app will fail)

When you build --without-java, these switches have no effect.

>> --enable-symbols
>
> This is supposed to provide debugging symbols, although not quite sure
> how that works without --enable-dbgutil, maybe I have an incomplete
> understanding

On the contrary, --enable-dbgutil cannot be used with --enable-symbols.

Regards,
Andras