[Libreoffice-qa] daily MAB summary and CCing of MABs (was: MAB/Priority and Severity)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jun 29 02:28:02 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 09:32:06PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> This is for the ESC to both be aware of newly marked important bugs -- and also
> to weed out one or another wrongly marked high priority bug. Also, this should
> help us keep the total number of high priority bugs both under control and on
> the radar.

Along with this: Once MABs are just "priority: highest" I wonder if it makes
sense to:
- create a query that show all "priority: highest" bugs that have been touched
  in the last 25 hours (daily), 8 days (weekly)[1]
- have a bot send these summaries daily or weekly to the dev-list
- drop the "MABs are CC'ed to the dev-list

Personally, I would go with 'daily summaries', just like for gerrit. Note that
even with that, it will reduce the spammage of the dev-list to 1 daily mail
that is actually read, instead of ~4 that are likely ignored.

This would mean that we would have:
- a daily summary of MAB/priority highest activity to the dev-list
- no additional spammage of the dev-list
- weekly review of bugs that have been newly raised to 'priority:highest' in
  the ESC call

Feedback welcome. If there is no objection here and on the ESC, I would write
an EasyHack for it then.

Best,

Bjoern

[1] Like:
    daily (currently 4 items): https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&chfieldfrom=-25h&chfieldto=Now&columnlist=component%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Clongdescs.count%2Cbug_severity%2Cstatus_whiteboard&list_id=545979&priority=highest&product=LibreOffice&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
    weekly (currently 21 items): https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&chfieldfrom=-8d&chfieldto=Now&columnlist=component%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Clongdescs.count%2Cbug_severity%2Cstatus_whiteboard&list_id=545982&priority=highest&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&resolution=---