[Libreoffice-qa] Try not to reopen bugs when anything more than a trivial amount of time has passed

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 10:07:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 08:29 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:

> On 03/24/2015 08:23 AM, Pedro wrote:
> > Michael Stahl-2 wrote
> >> actually, would it be possible in our bugzilla to disallow a transition
> >> from RESOLVED -> REOPENED except if the user is a well-known QA or
> >> developer with a special bugzilla privilege?
> well I'm the one who made the mistake this time I think....so not sure
> how much it's going to help. I'm not sure what a "trivial amount of
> time" means - 1 day? a week? a month?

I happy enough with reopened in the cases where the dev claims to fix
the problem and sets it to fixed, tester tests and find it doesn't work.
Turnaround time there would ideally be sort of next day or two, but up
to a month seems the outmost edge of a reasonable threshold for me at
least. But three months is too long IMO, and a year is surely too long
for anyone.

C.