[Libreoffice-qa] Introducing myself

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:44:17 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Buddhi Eashwarage <buddhieash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Buddhi Eashwarage who has worked as a Software Developer for nearly 2
> years.I'm from Sri Lanka.

Hi, Buddhi!

> Currently i'm into a QA and testing career.So i
> like to improve my QA knowledge by contributing to Libre Office
> project.Previously i have contributed to Apache open office project as a QA
> tester.Basically i was done manual testings there.I contributed for couple
> of weeks and after busy with my job, i had to stopped that.But now i have
> time and like to contribute to a new open source project.So i selected this
> project because i have used libre office and it was really great experience.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience in QA, so you'll probably
get up to speed with our tooling in no time :-) We have a bunch of
documentation about tools and our processes on the TDF Wiki here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA

Most of us chat in #libreoffice-qa on Freenode -- that's probably the
best way to get to know us and get some quick answers to your
questions:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/IRC

If there's anything in particular you're interested in re: QA, please
let us know (e.g. you mentioned manual testing, and we're currently
using MozTrap for that purpose). We try to keep our team chat and team
meetings jovial, which makes the work much more fun!

Welcome aboard!

Best,
--R

--