[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Mar 30 02:22:36 PDT 2015

Hi Albert,

On Sun, 2015-03-29 at 02:37 +0100, Albert Thuswaldner wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Michael Meeks
> <michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:
> >     + make sure to create a new openid if you are using the Google openID (all)
> >         [ still need to get this done ! ]
>
> I wonder a bit what the real alternatives are here? It seems to me
> that OpenId is on the ropes. I would like to avoid having to get yet
> another account somwhere, just to get acess to openid just to be able
> to login into gerrit. Have other ways to login been considered?

	I forget the raw details; but AFAIR they are something like this:

	* only a single auth method is possible for gerrit via plugins
	* OpenID seems the least lame of these
	* there are other OpenID providers:
		+ Fedora, LaunchPad, Verisign, <others>

	But yes - I loathe yet-another-account - the 'web' seems essentially
pathetic when it come to identity - beyond awful. I blame people like
the Mozilla foundation FWIW for not standardizing & un-screwing-up
something that appears trivial to users that have enjoyed the power of
ssh keys for access control for a decade or more. My hope would be that
something like:

http://identity.mozilla.com/post/7616727542/introducing-browserid-a-better-way-to-sign-in

	Would actually happen ;-)

	Hey ho =)