[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:36:50 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Meeks-5 wrote
>>     + BugHunting Session 5.0: One week away!
>>         + hoping for new people
>
> It would be more useful to do a BugHunting session with RC1 (because it
> installs to the default folder and uses the real profile) than with Beta1
> I think it would be worth to give RC1 a longer test period because this is a
> major version change. Maybe skip Beta1 and release RC1 sooner?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/5.0

+ RC1 is cut a month and a half before release... as usual with .0
there is a longer period between RC1 and release.
+ From a 'profile' point of view this _not_ a major release, so there
is not big 'profile migration'. iow the difference between Beta1 and
RC1 should be minimal
+ The points where we think there _may_ be still some issue that need
actual user-gui testing (like VclPtr) can be tested just as well with
a Beta release.

For these reasons tweaking/reducing the beta-period is not warranted.

Norbert