[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:23:56 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud wrote
>> + The points where we think there _may_ be still some issue that need
>> actual user-gui testing (like VclPtr) can be tested just as well with
>> a Beta release.
>>
>> For these reasons tweaking/reducing the beta-period is not warranted.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> What is VclPtr? I could not find any reference to it in the Release Notes.

it is a fairly big, and potentially disruptive _internal_ change. it
has no user-visible attributes
it is about how vlc objects  -- vcl is the visual components library,
which is responsible for the abstraction of just about anything that
make its way on your screen --
life cycle is handled.

> Which items need user testing?
every windows, every dialog, every tabs, in general an as complete as
possible exercise of any gui item,
as this change _can_ reveal life-cycle management issue with these
objects.. in case of problems, the symptom will likely be 'crash'

Norbert