[Libreoffice-qa] MAB/Priority and Severity

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:14:54 PDT 2015

Hi All!

So the time has finally arrived that we are moving forward with _locking
out priority/severity_. This means that *MAB will be retired*.

What this mean:
1) If you notice that you lack privileges then just email me and I'll
add you to the list (add your bugzilla email account)[1][2]
2) *MAB will be _equivalent_ to _highest_* (so anything that you
previously would have thrown on MAB list should be set to highest);
3) Severity should be according to the flowchart
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/0/06/Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg;
4) Because users will be locked out it is incredibly important to
explain to them why we set the importance/severity the way we did -
leave a nice comment ;)

*Important: *If there are _any_ issues with this plan, you've got about
a week to shoot us an email so that we can work out any kinks. This was
in the making for the past 2 years and we're finally there.

Best,
Joel

[1] Robinson and myself will be combing through commiters and triagers
to try to add as many people as possible to "contributor" list as
possible without having to personally request access - if you notice
that you do not have privileges and want them you can email anyone with
admin privileges from bugzilla, if you want these privileges you can
request them. Without requesting contributor privileges you will be
prevented from changing severity/priority - all triagers/devs should
have these privileges.

[2] If you're interested in getting admin privileges please shoot me an
email asking for those and we can discuss it - for those of you who have
been really active in QA land, I encourage you to request the privileges
so that you can help maintain the bug tracker :)