[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla: Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:19:11 PST 2015

On 11/09/2015 11:15 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 07:10:44PM +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
>> Insufficient Data though can also be used for situations where a bug can
>> not be reproduced due to, well, insufficient data.. i.e. happened one
>> time crash and no stack trace, no exact steps to reproduce, even if the
>> reporter was or would be willing to provide ... all cases where
>> WORKSFORME sounds a bit odd and lax (which is a valid resolution if the
>> given steps do not lead to the described failure), but ABANDONED
>> wouldn't fit either, IMHO..
> That would almost NEEDINFO. The only difference between NEEDINFO and
> INSUFFICIENT DATA is that one is considered resolved, while the other one isnt
> and there is no way to see from the wording that NEEDINFO is the unresolved one
> and INSUFFICIENT DATA is the resolved one. Its likely that will lead to
> confusion.

I was thinking exactly this and am back to thinking ABANDONED is the
best option. We wouldn't go right to ABANDONED. We would go to NEEDINFO
- which puts users on notice that we need something, after 6 months,
we'd do a follow-up ping saying "hurry up or else..." and then after
another month we close as ABANDONED, which seems to describe the
situation well.

Best,
Joel