[Libreoffice-qa] Reminder: QA Meeting on Wednesday

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:42:41 PST 2015

Le 26/11/2015 17:00, Cor Nouws a écrit :

Hi Cor,

> In the early days, there was the meme that we needed good bug reports.
> Then that changed to good sample documents; tThen finding the first
> affected version; and now bibisecting.

You forgot the "please provide a full backtrace with symbols" (yes, I
have seen some of my backtraces declared obsolete because they lacked
symbols) ;-)

Not to mention that OS specific bugs, such as ones that are seen only on
OSX, for example, often seem to have no bibisectable repo (there doesn't
seem to be anything earlier than 4.1 branch off at

http://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/MacOS_Bibibsect/

Virtualy all, if not all, of the current font weight support problems on
OSX seem to have appeared with the move to 4.1, so we would need a
bibisect repo from 3.5 to 4.1 to even start looking at these particular
regressions. CoreText work at the time is said to be the culprit (at
least, that is the comment I have seen from one dev in some of these
reports).

Similar problems with access to complete bibisect repos on Windows
exist, as far as my limited understanding of the problem goes.

How are OS-specific bugs treated if there is no bibisectable repo  ?
Do they just pile up and get forgotten in a corner ?

Alex