[Libreoffice-qa] Dealing with Corrupt Profiles

m.a.riosv miguelangelrv at libreoffice.org
Fri Nov 27 04:55:31 PST 2015

For my own experience, two significant points:

- Usually the corruption appears after upgrading, I'm not able to remember a
different case.

- The corruption is with registrymodifications.xcu, only renaming/deleting
this file solves the issue.

IMO, we could modify the user profile wiki page
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile), so the people test first
only renaming the registrymodifications.xcu, in this way they only need to
rebuild a few things, basically modified options, and user data, and all in
the Menu/Tools/Options.

At the same time, could make easy collect for bad profiles, if only
registrymodifications.xcu is affected, and there is a tool to search for the
differences with a clean profile..

Regards.
Miguel Ángel.