[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzila 4.3.x versions cleanup

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sun Nov 29 09:40:42 PST 2015

since 6 months passed by from the 4.3.x EOL I cleaned up the bugzilla
version field from all the alphas, betas and RCs.

now only final releases are available and a 4.3 all versions item has
been added.

just a few considerations I've already expressed to Joel few months ago:

1- I still think that the 6 months EOL embargo before cleanup is too
much... It would be better to do the cleanup earlier, let's say 4 or 3
months after the EOL

2- I think the "all versions" items are unnecessary... as far as I
remember that was an item created for the BSA which is now not supported
anymore. when we ask users to define the "earlier version" where the bug
appeared we want them to exactly define in which release the bug
appeared... so this generic "all versions" item is in contrast with our
policy. I suggest to hide all those "all versions" items from the
version admin page. doing this we would get rid of 8 items from our long
version list.

feel free to discuss this in the QA mailing list or in the next QA
meeting... unfortunately I cannot be present in QA meetings because of
work and family issue, but I'm interested to know what other people
thinks about this

bye, Tommy