[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzila 4.3.x versions cleanup

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:57:10 PST 2015

Hi Joel, all

jmadero wrote
> The problem really is that at least *I* do often time request users to
> regression was introduced. This is particularly useful when a user is
> complaining about their regression not getting love - at this point I
> start heavily suggesting they do some of the lifting themselves to move
> it forward (bibisect themselves, if that's not possible to go back and
> install older versions and try to narrow down to a beta/rc where the
> issue was introduced). I've actually found this to not only be useful
> for the particular bug but also useful in recruiting new people.

I don't see any incompatibility in asking people to use several versions
(actually I do that using Portable versions of LibreOffice from WinPenPack)
and reducing the number of versions in the drop list.
If a user is able to tell that a bug was introduced between 4.0.0 and 4.0.1,
a bibisect in that range should be able to find the problematic
commit/patch?
What would be the advantage to have the user install 4.0.0 Beta1, Beta2,
RC1, etc?

Regards,
Pedro