[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOfficeDev 5.2.0 alpha1 test builds available

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Sat Apr 23 13:51:42 UTC 2016

Pedro wrote
> Hi Florian
>
> Long time no see ;)
> Florian Reisinger wrote
>> Have you installed the correct MS C++ redistributable? I do not which
>> version is the baseline ATM...
> I sincerely don't know. I never had to worry about that in any software
> (including LibreOffice).
> If the correct MSVC libraries are not included in Win 10 then they need to
> be packaged with the LO installer, right?
>
> I can manually install any MSVC version to check if that solves the
> problem. Which is the expected version?
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

The Visual Studio baseline remains 2013 at 5.2, and Christian's TB62 and
release builds, Kendy's TB39 and Thorsten's TB42 all bundle the 2103 MS VC++
redistributable runtimes in the appropriate 32bit/64bit flavor.

But when testing and performing an "in parallel"  /a administrative
installation, e.g. using the SI GUI, does not install the VC++ runtimes. The
runtimes are packaged with the build in the System folder, but they are only
installed with a full installation.

So as FLorian notes the appropriate runtimes *must* be installed, but are
more often already present on a system.

Should you need the runtimes to work with /a administrative parallel
installs of earlier releases they are available from Microsoft at these
links:

For VS 2013 for 5.y.z
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

For later 4.y.z builds