[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-design] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2016-Aug-05

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Aug 5 16:34:41 UTC 2016

Hi Heiko,

Heiko Tietze schrieb:
> Date:    2016-Aug-05
> Present: Jay, Heiko, Cor, Mahfiaz
>

>    * Area Fill (Rishabh/Heiko)
>      * Aug-05
>         + New section switcher
>            + Try to replace the buttons by something different (Heiko)
>         + Remove None from the available fill styles (now sections)
>            + Pro: None means transparency of 100%, and now we just define a solid color (Heiko)
>            + Con: Setting to a transparent color will cause problems when users which the fill type (Jay, Rishabh)

The fill style "NONE" is different from "SOLID + 100% transparency" and
has to be retained.

(1) You see the difference, when you use style inheritance. If you set
the color to "yellow" in the child, you will indeed get yellow in case
the parent has FillStyle="NONE" and the child will be transparent in
case the parent has "SOLID + 100% transparency".

(2) When you use area fill for paragraph background, then you get
interoperability problems, because other applications (I have tested
AOO4.2 and Word 2010) do not get the transparency for paragraph
background correctly, but interpret FillStyle "NONE" correctly.

(3) If a search for attributes will be implemented, then
FillStyle="None" is surely different from "SOLID + 100%transparency".

(4) You need "NONE" anyway, because "NONE" is value of enum FillStyle in
the API.

Kind regards
Regina