[Libreoffice-qa] UX bugzilla queries (was: minutes of ESC call: 2016-08-18)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 18 17:02:32 UTC 2016

Hi Heiko,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 06:36:50PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> * UX Update (Heiko)
>     + from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/kendy-collabora-com-Minutes-of-ESC-call-2016-08-11-tp4190974p4190988.html
>         + ux-advice: keep it, because many bugs are not easy to file against a certain component
>         + tracking of needsux: sure, can do that; but many people may understand enhancements similar to ux, which needs to get covered (or better we restrict our trust in the numbers)
>         + no semantic difference between "component:LibreOffice keyword:needsUXeval" and "component:ux-advise" (Bjoern)
>         + introduced keyword, to allow component linked (Heiko)
>         + component for newcomers (Heiko)
>         + personally like to keep both (Heiko)
>         + 350 and 150 in each bucket (Bjoern)
>         + component:LibreOffice is the catch-all (Bjoern)
>         + watch compoment for mailing list? (Heiko)
>         + get a email for every bug change and filter (Thorsten)
>         + ML create false impression there might be a discussion (Thorsten)
>         + actual discussion should happen (Eike)
>         + RSS Feed for query: https://www.bugzilla.org/features/#buglist-formats (Jan-Marek)
> AI      + move component:ux-advise to component:LibreOffice keyword:UX as ninja-edit (Robinson)
>         + get checkbox for bugzilla (Heiko)
>         + we have 500 ux bugs, we dont need to make it much easier right now (Bjoern)

here is a query wrt. UX on bugzilla to get you started:

 https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&chfieldfrom=-7d&chfieldto=Now&keywords=needsUXEval%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=628531&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
 (unresolved bugs with keyword:needsUXeval touched in the last 7 days)

you can modify and tweak this with the "edit search" button. Also note the XML,
CSV, RSS buttons which can be used in a skript. This:

 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/scripts

has a few examples of libreoffice scripts using bugzilla. As Thorsten noted,
using: