[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Katarina Behrens Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
Fri Dec 9 16:23:00 UTC 2016

Hello world

>         + Late features:
>             + separating images and icons for help modules (Olivier, Bubli)
>                 + still waiting for Olivier's sample string change to write
> the script. + we need to see the impact on translators.

I'm slightly reluctant to make this 5.3 late feature, not because of the
impact on translations (which I clarified in another e-mail to Cloph & Olivier)
but because of the impact on how help is packaged on all 3 platforms for TDF
builds and Linux distributions.

For complete separation, every offline help package will now need to come with
extra zip archive with images. This is a non-trivial change and I don't think
it's fair to expect distro packagers to do that kind of work this late in the
game.

For partial separation, a zip archive with help images can be shipped along
with icon themes. The only difference is that the images (misc illustrations
and new screenshots) will have moved from core to help git repository. This is
presumably less work for the packagers, but it adds some load still ...

--

Katarina Behrens

Softwareentwicklerin LibreOffice
–––
CIB software GmbH
Geschäftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
–––
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -235
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100

Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner