[Libreoffice-qa] Testing Windows builds on Linux with PlayOnLinux now possible!

Pieter Kristensen pieterkristensen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:05:39 PST 2016

Hi Bjoern, all,

Great that it works so well on PlayOnLinux. But how about Wine? Wine is
provided by a lot (all) of the linux distributions (and BSD?).
I tested it:

I tried to install LO 64 bit on my 64 bit Kubuntu box. This didn't work.
Then I tried to install LO 32 bit and that worked well. Only problem: I
can't open files. The filepicker doesn't work as it should.
But as far as I can see it the rest is working great.

Wine seems to me the obvious solution because it's so easy to install. To
bad that it does not work 100%