[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Tip: Ever want to make private notes on a bug report?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:00:20 PST 2016

Hi all,

Here's a handy tip to help you get the most out of using our Bugzilla instance:

If any of you have ever wanted to make a private note on a bug report,
feel free to use the 'Tags' field. The content in there is only
viewable to you, and editing that field won't send email to any other
users (so don't be shy about tagging up bugs with your notes!)

You can query on the field just like searching the Whiteboard (look
under 'Custom Search') , so I've personally used the Tags field to
keep track of things like repro needs, people whom I've poked about
fixing a particular bug, or bugs that need some cleanup help.

It's really nice to be able to keep my notes associated directly with
bug reports instead of keeping them in a separate document or external
list. Because you're the only one who will see it, you can keep the
notes as messy or as tidy as you like!

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
LibreOffice Community Outreach Herald
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode