[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Tip: Ever want to make private notes on a bug report?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:06:34 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, 2016-01-07 17:00:20 -0600, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>
>> If any of you have ever wanted to make a private note on a bug report,
>> feel free to use the 'Tags' field. The content in there is only
>> viewable to you, and editing that field won't send email to any other
>> users (so don't be shy about tagging up bugs with your notes!)
>
> Caveat though, that field is really meant as a tags field and not free
> from text. Everything you enter there ends up in a tags list and
> is suggested for further entries, tags are comma separated.

Ah yes, it does have auto-suggestions, although (in my personal
application of the field) I often just ignore them :P

> I'd not use
> that for private comments. The tags system helps though to classify bugs
> according to a personal schema.
>
> Btw, can the tags list be edited somehow?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Unfortunately it is also not
> possible to set tags in a mass change, in all bugs of a search result.

Correct. I feel like that one might be a bit easier to implement than
the former feature. Is bulk-update something that you'd find very
useful, or just a nice-to-have?

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
LibreOffice Community Outreach Herald
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode