[Libreoffice-qa] (no subject)

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 22:34:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since LO now has a crash report then there is no need to do backtraces,
> right?

So the crash reporter only works in official TDF builds. So currently in
the 5.2.0.0 beta2 build, the 5.2.0.1 build and any following beta, rc and
release builds. It does not work in master and daily builds. I might look
into supporting it for one master daily build at some point.

> When I reproduce a crash, how can I link the crash report to the bug report
> in the tracker?

The crash report website has now links that already fill in the required
information to connect the reports back. There is a script that then
updates the crash reporter and hopefully in a bit I might be able to get
the bugzilla extension working that actually makes that all a bit more user
friendly.

As an example
http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/06e4ab19-8bac-492d-a4f2-962ab692dd79
links to the bug report that is already connected with the crash and also
allows to file a bug report that will already set the custom field
correctly.

Regards,
Markus