[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...
michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Jul 21 15:39:44 UTC 2016
+ Michael S, Robinson, Caolan, David, Heiko, JanI, Jan-Marek, Miklos,
Olivier, Michael M, Lionel, Eike, Armin, Kendy, Christian,
* Completed Action Items:
+ welcome Jakub T. and encourage to merge trivial changes (Miklos)
+ find the mystery Mac (from Markus) with Alex (Cloph)
[ found one, but not built LibreOffice in a while, and XCode on
this machine doesn't like our source, still looking at fixing
XCode. ( http://pastie.org/10914321 )
Firebird struggling to work on Windows but getting help (Lionel) ]
+ setup Mac machine for Base development (Cloph)
[ granted student access, about an hour ago ]
* Pending Action Items:
+ create large-scale cosmetic change page proposal (JanI)
[ planned for next week ]
+ investigate a cron job that queries & auto-merges (Norbert)
[ the solution proposed by David - using his query & a JSON script
to refine it - will work - needs a bit more python (Norbert) ]
+ tweak UI and get LiveConnect API key / build case for board (Christian)
+ attempt to re-build a recent gstreamer 1.0 / core spec file
on our CentOS6 base (tdf#94508) (Christian)
* Release Engineering update (Christian)
+ 5.2.0 RC3
+ built, up on mirrors, been announced to early testing etc.
+ after call will announce to the general public.
+ 5.2.0 RC4 - planned as final
+ should ship next week.
+ will tag on Thursday.
+ 5.1.5 RC2
+ will be tagged tuesday
+ Now: one review to -5-2 branch, and another two to:
+ libreoffice 5-2-0 branch
+ Android & iOS Remote
* LibreOffice Conference in Brno (Kendy)
+ travelling to Brno -> fly to Prague / Vienna unlikely to go direct
(BMI has a flight from Munich, others from London).
+ CfP closed
+ if you have something to talk about - please send a late proposal.
+ want to have an idea of who comes end of July
+ sending acceptances out already ? (Michael)
+ not yet - but vast majority of dev talks will be accepted
+ Dates here:
+ Link is: <https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/04/08/libreoffice-brno-conference-call-for-paper/>
+ Community-day -> no ESC, meet in the evening.
* Membership Committee plug (Michael)
+ important to encourage people to serve here
+ how to apply? (JMux)
+ will send around as/when.
* Documentation (Olivier)
+ Delivered last chapter for 5.1 Getting Started Book
+ under revision by Jean Weber / Hazel Russman
+ Milos Sramek cleaning direct formating of book chapters
+ important for CAT (Computer Aided Translation) such as OmegaT
+ Jean Weber will assemble the chapters into a book "Getting Started 5.1"
+ Start updating chapters for 5.2 (Olivier)
+ Will also address other Guides for 5.2 (Olivier)
+ (Re-)Build Authors team is necessary
+ Patch for adding FAQ entry in LO Help menu
+ Documentation meetings
+ happen every two weeks; next is scheduled for:
+ Wed 27th 7pm CET.
+ how to make it more attractive to get into the books ?
+ and how to make them more visible ? on download page ?
* GSoC 2016 (Armin)
+ Next deadline is August 23rd for final evaluation.
+ reminder - blogging at a minimum helps docs / QA teams etc.
* UX Update (Heiko)
+ Projects are ongoing with GSOC students
+ some finished, some in a late phase
+ results are visible now.
+ talked about layers in draw with Thorsten, Regina & Jay
+ another session this Friday to perhaps finish it.
+ wrote to discussion groups about it (Armin)
+ nothing much to say
* Crashtest update (missing Caolan)
+ 2 import failures, 7 export failure, coverity pending
+ can't reproduce them locally, but lowish numbers.
* Hamburg home-hacking update (Eike)
+ met at Bjoern's place
+ student semester starts 1st Oct, lessons start ~Oct 17th
+ could we get students before busy with lessons ?
+ have it in a central place from the wikimedia foundation
+ just an idea for now; need to get permission etc.
+ widen it to general Open Source hacking; invite T-bird guy etc.
+ 3 days event ? ...
+ otherwise - some hacking & fun.
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
+ next hackfests: nothing confirmed yet.
+ next venues / suggestions
+ Chaos event - good for outreach; at the same time as Munich.
+ Infra Meetup: July 24th to 30th, close to Munich (kaufbeuren)
+ Akademy / FSFE summit - in the week before LibOCon ? (Thorsten)
+ more suggestions welcome
* Mentoring/easyhack update (janI)
+ legend: contributors are not-yet-committers, numbers in () are +/- compared to last week
17045(0) commits in a year of which 8366(62) were made directly, without use of gerrit
294(0) people made commits in a year, 45(-12) in a month. 0(-58) people to be emailed
+ gerrit: committer open 78(-1) contributor open 43(-4)
updated merged abandoned updated merged abandoned
year: 78(-1) 7207(-56) 576(-7) 43(-4) 1472(-6) 484(14)
month: 78(0) 594(-81) 52(-4) 43(-3) 140(-40) 32(5)
week: 51(-2) 118(-48) 6(-2) 28( 1) 20(-18) 18(15)
total 249(0) open 218(2) assigned 14(-1)
needinfo 17(0) needsDevEval 475(4) needsUXEval 150(7)
missing cleanup due to many comments 199(0)
+ top 5 contributors (based on merged patches last month):
Zdenek Crhonek got 39 patches merged, and have a total of 97 merged patches
Muhammet Kara got 16 patches merged, and have a total of 45 merged patches
Winfried Donkers got 14 patches merged, and have a total of 35 merged patches
Mark Page got 8 patches merged, and have a total of 20 merged patches
Susobhan Ghosh got 7 patches merged, and have a total of 15 merged patches
+ new easyHacks:
+ create your own by updating Keywords to eg. "easyHack, difficultyBeginner, skillCpp, topicCleanup"
+ please remember, a codepointer is mandatory, and typically a look from an experienced developer
+ create new easy hacks from these ones or remove "needsDevEval" if not feasible):
+ Patches still coming in over the summer
+ Mailed 40+ old developers that have not contributed for 3 month or more,
+ again got lots of positive responses
+ apparently nearly the only foundation that pings old developers
+ Patches from Zdenek (to Calc) is piling up, would be nice to get those commented/merged
+ could you help out Eike ?
+ in contact; has issues updating commits, working on that.
+ could use remote access to a Mac machine too
+ have 1x failing document - fails only on Mac
AI: + add access to the same Mac (Cloph)
+ A common problem - needing more Macs (Michael)
+ eg. shell close issue etc.
=> should we buy some more ?
AI: + talk to Norbert at the Infra meeting wrt. this (JanI)
+ Will be in Kaufbeuren (INFRA meeting) next week.
* Commit Access
* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
=> timeout for 6 weeks.
* Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)
+ Norbert sadly missing.
* l10n (Sophie)
+ Sophie sadly missing.
* MSDN licenses (Caolan)
+ poke me if you need it (Michael)
* Can a VCL guy have a look at https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27285/ ? (JMux)
* Do we want this for 5.2?
+ 25% less load time for documents.
+ Did look at it (Michael)
+ not a particularly obvious patch to me.
+ GdiFlush, queued Invalidates vs. Update
+ people just jam the code full of this.
+ Double buffering on Mac, Gtk3, GL
+ working fine copying the back-buffer on OS invalidate (Caolan)
+ would love to go this way for every backend: X11 (Michael)
+ would like it too (Armin)
+ can remove buffering in the drawing layer
+ would love to kill the static VirtualDevice list (Michael)
+ OpenGL may solve it ?
+ text is not ideal still; but perhaps SAL_FORCEGL=1 helps ?
+ native widget theming a problem - caching for windows mostly.
* QA update (Robinson)
+ UNCONFIRMED: 658
+ enhancements: 65
+ in ux-advise: 28
+ needAdvice at 57
+ Most Pressing Bugs:
+ tdf#92516 - "x" accelerator and mouse click not exiting StartCenter
in "File -> Exit LibreOffice" menu on Windows.
+ Continue to see dupe reports; an annoyance
+ Mail merge regressions
+ http://tdf.io/mmregressions (6 open; 6 open last meeting)
+ New patch today for tdf#98798 hopefully gets us to 5 (thanks, Bjoern!)
+ how does 5.2 look ? (Michael)
+ a crash that can't be reproduced
+ otherwise quality looks good.
* QA stats
+139 -95 (+44 overall)
many thanks to the top bug squashers:
Caolán McNamara 14
Adolfo Jayme 8
Michael Meeks 7
Alex Thurgood 6
Aron Budea 6
V Stuart Foote 6
Eike Rathke 4
Justin L 4
Markus Mohrhard 2
Susobhan Ghosh 2
Stephan Bergmann 1
* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
5.2: 2/16 - 12% +0
5.1: 2/29 - 6% +0
5.0: 7/53 - 13% +0
4.4: 7/73 - 9% +0
4.3: 5/69 - 7% +0
4.2: 8/133 - 6% +0
4.1: 4/79 - 5% +0
4.0: 9/82 - 10% -1
old: 33/247 - 13% -1
* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibisected'
+ 348/1382 353/1378 359/1378 362/1374 364/1371 367/1371 365/1363
* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
+ 709(-2) bugs open of 5044(+19) total 12(+1) high prio.
* ~Component count net * high severity regressions
Calc - 5 (+1)
Writer - 4 (+0)
Impress - 1 (+0)
Base - 1 (+0)
LibreOffice - 1 (+0)
* ~Component count net * all regressions
Writer - 225 (+3)
Calc - 129 (-4)
Impress - 55 (-2)
LibreOffice - 44 (+1)
graphics stack - 38 (+0)
UI - 36 (+0)
Borders - 32 (+0)
Base - 32 (+0)
Crashes - 29 (+0)
Draw - 27 (+0)
filters and storage - 21 (-1)
Chart - 15 (+0)
BASIC - 14 (+0)
Printing and PDF export- 12 (+1)
Linguistic - 4 (+0)
Extensions - 3 (+0)
framework - 3 (+0)
Formula Editor - 3 (+0)
Installation - 1 (+0)
michael.meeks at collabora.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
More information about the Libreoffice-qa