[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...
jani at documentfoundation.org
Thu Jun 2 16:46:39 UTC 2016
> * Commit Access
> + cleanup of stale? committers (Norbert)
> + ran a script to find people with no commit >1 yr.
> + or should we let them stay around.
> + some project revoked after 0.5 years (Miklos)
> + frugalware.
> + do we have any problem with leaving them ? (Stephan)
> + no; but don't want to ever be (Norbert)
> + concern wrt. removing committers (JanI)
> + openhub counts actual commits (Norbert)
> + generate a mail if they arrive (JanI)
> + social aspect concern (Michael)
> + if we can get people active again by poking (Bjoern)
> + can be helpful.
> + otherwise leave open & put a watch on commits (Bjoern)
> + just look at these carefully.
> + and welcome them back.
> + concern wrt. the work, some people move on (Norbert)
> + do we want to keep them open forever.
> + we have a bunch of ex. GSOC never seen again ?
> + silently remove those we think are unlikely to come back
> + concern wrt. creating lots of rules
> + notify removing them.
> + for sure - commit rights to random projects (Kendy)
> + not feel comfortable committing now.
> + if not for three years - through gerrit.
> => leave up to JanI
Based on the above discussion, my intention is:
- To extend my nightly statistic script, to check new commits (probably restricted to our code repo).
- For every commit If the delta between the last commit from the author and this commit is more than 1Year, the script will notify me.
- I will write a "happy to see you again" mail, with copy the dev list, so the author hopefully starts to be an active part of the community again.
- We already have scripting in place, to mail authors who have not contributed for > 3 months. (see "20(20) to be emailed" in the stats.
- Before revoking anybodys commit right please notify me in advance, so I can write a nice email to them as a last poke before executing the revoke.
Suggestions and comments are welcome.
More information about the Libreoffice-qa