[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 23 23:49:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at collabora.com>
wrote:

>     + Most Pressing Bugs:
>         http://tdf.io/mostressingbugs
>         + tdf#100295 - LibODev-5.2.0.0.b2 does not run in Windows_XP (32
> or 64 bit)
>             + Interest in fixing ?  (or is this a 'feature' ?)
>             + Tor - thinks a feature.
>             + last time - 10% of Windows market (Michael)
>                + compares vs. Mac install base.
>             + can we bibisect for Windows to find what killed it.
>             + could be related to breakpad ? (Cloph)
>                + a duplicate with more info in it out there.
>                + perhaps Moggi had a look ?

I think I mentioned it before. Currently I assume that it is a problem with
libcurl. Unless you specify that you want to compile against the correct
SDK version libcurl uses a vista function unconditionally. So this has been
an old problem (and would have crashed on XP if the corresponding ucp
component got loaded) but is now causing a crash already during start as
our minidump uploaded has a libcurl dependency.

There is a patch to fix it by telling the libcurl build to compile against
the old version but as I have no XP I can not test if it really helps.

Regards,
Markus