[Libreoffice-qa] [Writer] Inserting dummy text, changing font to a non-existing one leads to grey menues in 5.2.0.0RC1

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Fri Jun 24 11:50:15 UTC 2016

Hello @ll,
while trying to reproduce bug 100318, I stumbled upon the following
(originally reported to the German discuss list, but found a shorter
way to reproduce it):

1. start Writer
2. enter "dt" and press <F3>
3. press <Ctrl><A> to mark the whole text
4. press on the arrow right of the font name in the toolbar Standard
5. insert the name of a font, which is not installed on your system
(e.g. "Calligula")
5. zoom your document to 180% or the like
6. press <Alt>+<F> (or <E>, it does not matter)

On my system
OS: Debian Testing AMD64
LO: Version: 5.2.0.1
Build ID: fcbcb4963bda8633ba72bd2108ca1e802aad557d
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.5; UI Render: default;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8)
(parallel installed, following the instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel/Linux)

the menues are grey, without any text, visible hints for submenues,
etc. ... :(

Is someone else able to confirm tthis? I cannot reproduce it with
Debian's LO
Version: 5.1.4.2
Build-ID: 1:5.1.4~rc2-2
CPU-Threads: 4; BS-Version: Linux 4.5; UI-Render: Standard;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8)
... :(
TIA
Thomas.

--
Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat.
	-- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987