[Libreoffice-qa] Status of accessibility of LibreOffice Online

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:45:30 UTC 2016

Hi Alex, Jean-Philippe, Corentin,
Le 10/05/2016 14:10, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
> Dear QA Team,
>
> I've done a test of LibreOffice Online acccessibility on GNU/Linux with
> the Orca screenreader and Firefox
> athttps://www.collaboraoffice.com/try-collabora-cloudsuite/.
> What have you done to make LibreOffice Online accessible for assistive
> technologies ?

Thanks for your test and welcome to the QA project

> The result of my test is that LibreOffice Online is completely not
> usable for a blind person.
> For your information, Google Doc provides a correct accessibility that
> makes it usable for the blind.
>
> Are there projects about this ? Is there someone in the community who
> told you this?

You seems the first to report issues with the Orca and the online
version on this list.

> It seems important to have such thought now, as it would be hard to make
> LO accessible once development is architecture fully. And given the role
> of such LO release in professional world, its inaccessibility would
> be a problem.

So did you fill the problems you encountered on BugZilla? We all have
different areas and volunteers work on what they prefer and/or what they
know the best. You are more than welcome to join the team and test the
accessibility part where there are very few people able to use Orca and
identify what pertains to Orca/Linux/LibreOffice.
Let me know if you need help on the first steps on BugZilla, I'd be
happy to help you.

Cheers
Sophie
Sophie Gautier sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org