[Libreoffice-qa] CrashDumps?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:49:39 UTC 2016

Hi Markus

Markus Mohrhard wrote
>> Is this a new feature in LibreOffice?
>>

> These crash dumps are not a feature of LibreOffice. They are part of the
> normal windows crash reporting procedures. However we are still hoping to
> integrate some crash reporter for 5.2 that will generate the same format
> and upload the crash reports to a TDF server.

Thank you for your answer!
Those are good news (as long as the minidumps contain some useful
information...).

Some programs do have this feature (e.g. Firefox) but because there is no
feedback to the user I always have the feeling that the Crash reports are
only a "feel good" feature and that the emails are sent directly to the
bin...

Maybe LibreOffice can do better on user involvement.

Regards,
Pedro