[Libreoffice-qa] Java installation not found

Denis Niblett denis at the18thcamel.com
Thu Jan 12 11:38:37 UTC 2017

H there,

I am an ex Windows/Access user that recently migrated to Apple Macintosh.

LibreOffice Base seems to be the ideal replacement for Access, so I installed it 30 minutes ago.

It reported that it needed the JRE to run so I installed that latest version of Java and had it confirmed as the latest version.

LibreOffice Base still insisted it was not installed.

So I turned off my Mac and turned to on again. LibreOffice Base still insists Java is not installed.

What more can I do to get it running?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Best regards,
Denis (Niblett)