[Libreoffice-qa] Newbie question: old version of Java for LO 3.3 regression testing?

Ted Lee tmplee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 04:05:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

This is very definitely a newbie question.  I think I've found a bug,
possibly two, in both 5.4.5 and 6.0.1.1.  Up to this point I've been
using NeoOffice and decided to switch over to LibreOffice, so I have no
experience with previous versions. Anyway, I know I owe it to the
community to see if the bug is present in the legacy code from OO.  So I
have downloaded LibreOffice 3.3 but it doesn't seem to like the JRE on
my system (which seems to be OK for 5.4.5 and 6.0.1.1).  Soooooo... how
do I find a MacOS version of JRE that should work with LO 3.3?  Yes,
Java does seem to be needed for the feature that exhibits the bug(s).

Yes, I've searched the LibreOffice QA pages and not found the answer.

Running High Sierra, MacOS 10.13.3

--
Ted Lee