[Libreoffice-qa] further follow-up: JRE for LO 3.3?

Ted Lee tmplee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:11:21 UTC 2018

I give up.  I was able to track down a couple of JRE's that should have
worked for LO/OO 3.3.  The Open Office site somewhere says that 3.3
requires Java 1.5 aka Java 5.  I was able to find an old version of that
in the Apple archives for MacOS 10.4.  That gave me something that would
have been installed as a framework. The OO site also said that prior to
something after 3.3 OO distributions included the JRE.  Neither LO 3.3
nor OO 3.3 for MacOS has any JRE in them.  I did find a Linux
distribution for 3.0 that had a JRE in it  (a directory with a handful
of subdirectories etc.).  I could not get LO 3.3 to recognize either of
those (the framework or the Linux files) as a JRE.  I have no clue, of
course, what LO 3.3 is looking for in the way of a JRE installation, but
I haven't been able to find anything that worked.  Any ideas, anyone?
How do you test LO 3.3 on a Mac? (Remember, 5.4.5 and 6.0.1.1 accept the
JRE that's currently installed just fine.)

--
Ted Lee