[Libreoffice-qa] Correct use of bibisect to identify a particular commit

Xisco Fauli xiscofauli at libreoffice.org
Mon Jun 11 14:11:00 UTC 2018

Hello Alex,

El 11/06/18 a les 14:53, Alex Kempshall ha escrit:
> Hi all
>
> I'm more of a bisect person, but towards the end of last week I did a
> bibisect looking for a regression I've encountered. Will post details
> later today.
>
> As far as my understanding goes I can use bibisect to identify which
> day the commit that caused the regression was made. How do I then use
> this information to identify the actual commit?
it depends on which kind of repository you're using. For linux [1], we
have the  'max' ones, covering from 4.2 to master, which contain one
commit per build. OTOH, we also have the dbgutil daily repos which are
build once a day. Finally, the 'all' repository contains 64 commits per
build.

Could you please tell us which repo you are using?

Regards

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bibisect/Linux#Versions

> Alex

Xisco Faulí