[Libreoffice-qa] Best way to submit suggestions for documentation changes?

Ted Lee tmplee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:03:54 UTC 2018

I've run into some problems with the Labels feature that perhaps could
be remedied by code changes, possibly not easy ones, but just as easily
by some warnings to the user.  The first problem is that if you try to
manually edit the label dimensions (height, width, number of rows and
columns, etc.) and do so in an order that would result in something that
doesn't fit on the page, until you get all the fields adjusted to the
values you want, the values you get are unpredictable at best.  The
second problem is a little harder to reproduce, but it happens when
trying to edit the master label itself to replace line feeds with
paragraph marks in order to add conditional hidden paragraphs (so as to
suppress blank lines.)  More often that not, when I try to do that, I'll
get the spinning basketball and even after waiting for several minutes
it doesn't go away.  I believe the problem arises when the default font
size is too large for the text to fit in the label, but I haven't
experimented enough to verify that completely yet (since each trial
takes several minutes to make sure it's a real loop and not just
something that takes a long time).  In any case, the appropriate quick
fix would be to add a note in the documentation along the lines of
"Doctor it hurts when I do this...  Don't do that."  Anyway, how do I go
about submitting a suggestion for a change in the Help files?

--
Ted Lee