[Libreoffice-qa] Ability to have Snap/Flatpak/etc. for bug hunting season

William Gathoye (LibreOffice) william.gathoye at libreoffice.org
Sat May 9 11:11:49 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

While officially not in charge of LibreOfficeFR any more on Twitter,
some people are requesting why we don't have Flatpak/Snap packages for
prereleases versions as well?

Some contributors aren't eager to test because installing the current
.deb/.rpm could interfere with their current profile. Having a simple
Flatpak/Snap/AppImage packages could ease the ongoing bug hinting process.

I know some images are not managed by TDF directly, but providing one
for those we officially support could help IMHO.

Regards,

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice