[Libreoffice-qa] ESC meeting agenda - Adding topic: Broken release process when fresh become still and when still become EOL'ed

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Jan 28 21:09:21 UTC 2021

Hi Timur,

Timur Gadzo schrieb am 28.01.2021 um 19:56:

> On Thursday, January 28, 2021, Florian Effenberger
> <floeff at documentfoundation.org <mailto:floeff at documentfoundation.org>>
> wrote:
>  >
>  > William Gathoye (LibreOffice) wrote on 27.01.21 at 18:22:
>  >
>  >> Right now: 6.4 is EOL'ed[4] but it is still advertised on the
> website while the update service is redirecting users of 6.4 to the 7.0
> version.
>  >
>  > I think it is intentional that we always do have two parallel
> versions available for download, but it's something that might change as
> we are looking into the rolling release system, which makes this
> differentiation obsolete.
>  >

> Hi
>
> Still has a purpose, many users (me also) are using Still.last. So we
> need 6.4 to be on the webpage, until we get 7.0.last.

Removing it from that website does not mean, that you cannot get it. You
can get every former released version from
http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old

But those versions will get no bugfixes at all. Especially they will get
no security bug fixes.

I do not understand your problem. You should already have 6.4.7 and
there will never be a 6.4.8. So why do you need a download link at that
website?

Kind regards
Regina