[Libreoffice-qa] ESC meeting minutes: 2022-04-21

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Thu Apr 21 16:28:33 UTC 2022

Hi *,

Miklos Vajna wrote:
> * ucb: webdav-curl: put user name from config into LOCK request (Michael S)
>   + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/133143
>   + benefit: if some other user edits a file on a webdav share, then publish the name of the editing user
>   + but this sends user data, might disturb some
>   + idea: respect the setting that decides if user data is written to documents
>     + currently controls ODF's meta.xml
>     + reuse this

Sorry, had quite a bad jitsi connection today, so as said comment via
email - I agree with the rationale that putting the name into the lock
file is good UX. There's a small corner case where there would be
additional information disclosure, compared to document meta data: if
the document is encrypted.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten