[Libreoffice-qa] ESC meeting minutes: 2022-05-26

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Sun May 29 07:35:36 UTC 2022

On 26/05/2022 16.41, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> * Completed Action Items:
> [...]
>      + under-loved areas wiki page (Miklos):
>        https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Under-loved_areas
>
> [...]
>
> * Under-loved areas of the codebase (Michael M)
>      + concern that we can't execute quickly on this
>      + seems to me the ESC should be recommending areas that are un-loved
>        in the code, and ranking them by which are not going to get loved
> soon.
>      + brainstorming next-week instead ? (Cloph)
>         + lots of people on holiday
>      + how do we feel about a wiki page to collect this stuff ? (Caolan)
>         + sounds good (Michael)
>         + endangered species kind of list (Caolan)
>            + would allow non-ESC members but experts in their own field
> to have their say
> AI:    + will create a wiki page for this before sending the minutes
> (Miklos)
>      + is it an indication - we're going to drop the feature ? (Olivier)
>         + concerned re: Math & Base - perhaps Draw
>         + no - the opposite (Miklos)
>            + we know it is useful - we want to put more resource into it.
>            + help the board identify where the best places to invest are
> (Michael)
>      + also useful for oversight (Caolan)
>         + to indicate where resources can go if they are available.
>      + in docs team - paying attention to base module (Olivier)
>         + lots of open issues there - happy to hear we can continue to file
>           bugs on base as we document it.

Adding my input here, since I wasn't in the meeting and will be mostly
offline during the next week:

Does it make sense to add the topics already mentioned on board-discuss
in the discussion around TDF-internal developers?

Without digging deeper in the mail archive, these come to my mind:

 From [1]:

* RTL/CTL: meta bug tdf#43808
* CJK: meta bug tdf#83066
* a11y: meta bug tdf#101912, and "accessibility" keyword

and

* Base, with meta bug tdf#120062 and some more additional information in
[2], [3], [4], [5], [6]

I'm a bit hesitant to add all of those with my own name next to them,
because I can't be of much help when it comes to those, except for a11y
maybe.

[1]
https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00277.html
[2]