[Libreoffice-qa] Cool! LibreOffice is free, open source and very good office suite!

Kevin Suo suokunlong at 126.com
Sat Aug 19 01:28:47 UTC 2023

Hi Turritopsis,
> I have decided to uninstall the trial version of Microsoft Office Home
> and Business 2019 (as it doesn't work anymore) and use LibreOffice
> permanently!
That's great! Actually I use LibreOffice Calc in my daily work and there
is no big issue with interoperability. My best practice is that, for
local editing you should stick to the ODF format (i.e. .ods, odt etc),
and save a copy as xlsx or docx or PDF if you want to send it to someone
else who does not use LibreOffice.
> By the way, does LibreOffice have the equivalent of Microsoft Outlook?

LibreOffice is an office suite and it does not bundle an email client
equivalent of Microsoft Outlook. You can use other email clients such as
the free and opensource Thunderbird.

Kevin Suo