[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] Suggestion and patch for "Confirmation of save format" dialog

Josh Heidenreich josh.sickmate at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:42:31 PDT 2011

> Josh, thanks for the patch and the screenshot - the latter makes
> evaluating things for "less developers" (tm) like myself very quick and
> easy.
No problem

> Hence, my question whether a "semi-automatic" extraction of short
> versions of the file type...
I like this idea quite a bit

> Mmh, although it makes the code more complex
We can do it in stages though.

> ...so my take is to address this via:
> [Use WhatEver Format] [Switch to ODF Format]
Again, I like this too.

> Last question: I know that almost no message box makes use of it - but
> is there a chance to turn the header text into something useful?
Probably, I'll think up something.

> PS: Since you've started to discuss the message boxes, I see this as a
> chance to document general design recommendations afterwards. So sorry
> and thanks at the same time for your precious time :-)
I'm guessing you will put on the wiki or something.

I'm thinking I will make the button text change and the header as a
stage one, and do the name trimming goodness as a second patch.

So I'll finalise that patch tomorrow (I'm in Australia so a bit of a
time difference), and then take a look at that other.

@Caolán, whats the chance of merging a patch tomorrow?

Josh