[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Icon for bundled extensions?

Olivier R. olivier.noreply at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:59:13 PST 2011

Hi *,

Few months ago and a long time ago (at Sun times), I offered to include
an icon into the bundled French dictionaries extension, but apparently
it was each times undesirable.

In the LO 3.5 beta 2, the labels for dictionaries extensions are
translated, and it is now uneasy to distinguish what are the languages
set provided, because labels are similar.

Besides, for some reason, some extensions (danish, hebrew, dutch,
kurdish) are allowed to have an icon included.

What is currently the real policy about this matter?

I think it would be easier to distinguish dictionary extensions if we
were allowed to include an icon.

Thanks in advance for considering my request.

Regards,
Olivier