[Libreoffice-ux-advise] FindBar: Show the icon for Search & Replace dialog by default

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Thu Jul 28 15:06:25 PDT 2011

Hi Kendy,

thanks for that :-)

Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2011, 01:10 +0200 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
> Hi,
>
> In master, I have enabled the icon for the Search & Replace dialog by
> default in the FindBar
[...]

Works nicely towards the change mentioned here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Find_Bar#Proposed_Changes

> Screenshot:
>
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/libreoffice/findbar-search-replace.png
>
> What do you think - any drawbacks?

The meaning of the existing items in the find bar and the (now enabled)
search&replace icon is a bit different - I assume it is not yet possible
to move it a bit to the right incl. adding a full caption, or?

As an intermediate solution, I propose to add a separater before (left
side) the search&replace icon. This separation also helps to reduce the
likeliness of hitting the search&replace button unintentionally (when
roughly targeting the previous button).

Hope this helps to make it a "Good Thing" (tm) ;-)

Cheers,
Christoph