[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Sheet local range names in Navigator

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:28:45 PDT 2011

Hello Christoph,

we added local range names as a new feature for 3.4 and are trying to get
rid of all bugs for 3.5.

2011/6/28 Christoph Noack <christoph at dogmatux.com>

> Hi Markus!
>
> Interesting question, I wasn't even aware that Calc is able to handle
> local range names ...
>
> I know that local ranges exist in Excel, but I don't know how to assign
> these names via the UI. So before I can provide some proposal where to
> put these names in the Navigator, could you please provide a short
> step-by-step proposal how to create them? Neither the descriptions in
> the bug reports, nor the LibO documentation seem to elaborate on that.

You can produce local range names like global ones. Insert->Names>Define and
select then a sheet name instead of global.

What I already fixed in master around local range names:
 Insert->Names->Insert shows local range names and insert all will insert
them
 Local range names will be used instead of global range names with the same
name(should be in 3.4.1 too)
 The dialog to select a range(left to the input line) works with local range
names

Regards,
Markus