[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Keep-ratio behaviour

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Tue Nov 1 15:13:03 PDT 2011

Hi Thorsten, all!

Am Montag, den 31.10.2011, 18:46 +0100 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	Anyhow - just to split the mails up so we can reach a clear conclusion
> > quicker. I love your idea to re-use "keep ratio" (it is worth checking
> > if this is serialized in the file format for objects too I guess, or if
> > this is some UI artifact).
> >
> It's not - it's global application state (i.e. the dialog show it
> "off" when last time you had deselect it, and vice versa).
>
> Shouldn't be too hard to have it default to "keep", if the image
> aspect ratio matches the image's preferred size aspect ratio (most,
> but not all, images contain that info).

Sorry, I don't know what "default to keep" means in this case ... would
that mean that some objects (e.g. pictures) are scaled by keeping the
ratio, but others (e.g. clipart - similar to pictures) are not?

For the sake of completeness, here is how it works in MSO today:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/change-the-size-of-a-picture-shape-text-box-or-wordart-HA010132660.aspx?CTT=1#BM1

Thanks in advance!

Christoph