[Libreoffice-ux-advise] new range name dialog proposal

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Sun Nov 6 03:59:55 PST 2011

Hi all,

I had no chance to reply yet but will hopefully do this evening. I have some ideas how we may convert the existing dialog into a good modal one. Markus, Kohei thanks for your replies, btw.

Cheers,
Christoph
--
Sent via mobile...

Markus Mohrhard <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> schrieb:

Hello Christoph, Astron, Kohei, Eike,

I finally decided to go the safe way and implement a modal dialog for
3-5. There are two mainly technical decisions for it: In my opinion it
is not yet sure that a modeless dialog is the best technical solution
and a modeless dialog would have forced me to change several parts of
the calc core.

I hope that we can now concentrate on creating a nice dialog for the
3.5 release and after that maybe continue discussing if a modeless
dialog makes sense. Then we have time to try out different technical
solutions.

Christoph, Astron I hope that you are not too disappointed but I'm not
comfortable with such a big change shortly before the feature freeze.
There are too many open questions and I think the technical part is
even more complicated than it looks for a non developer.

Regards,
Markus