[Libreoffice-ux-advise] new range name dialog proposal

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Mon Nov 7 14:28:48 PST 2011

Hi all,
again I am sorry for being lazy ... but I had to do day job stuff all evening log. I'll to try to answer tomorrow.

Astron: Amazing work you've done for the handles ... saw your screenshots. Wow!

Good night,
Christoph
--
Sent via mobile...

Markus Mohrhard <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> schrieb:

Hello Christoph, Astron,

ok, I had an initial look at you design.

So let me just ask some questions to understand your design better
before I start coding:

- We no longer have a modify button, does that mean that any change to
the name, range and scope entries should be put into the table
directly?

- we no longer have an undo in this design, right?

- just a remark from the technical point of view: it does not make
sense to insert range names with an invalid expression because after
compiling we normally loose the information about the original string,
so the initial expression might get lost

- I assume that the same highlighting and information textes should be
applied to the "Define Name" dialog, right?

- you want a multiselection dialog?

And it would be really nice if we could agree on a design till
Thursday morning so that I can start programming. I mean with that,
that we have a general idea what to do so that I won't need to the
work twice.

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Markus