[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header/Footer popup / flash-bang ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 3 02:04:23 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

	I was using writer master for quite some time this Sunday, and I was
moderately annoyed by the header/footer stuff popping up and/or flashing
on / off :-) I -think- this was down to leaving the mouse lying around
over the writer window (as you do), and then, as I typed more, the
document would scroll such that the mouse was over the header/footer
area.

	If you start a blank document, leave the mouse at the top and start
typing, you get this - timeout / appear / flash-disappear as you
type :-)

	And even if the mouse cursor is not on the header, as the document
scrolls as you type - it can become so, causing the same effect :-)

	Ideas for fixing might include requiring some recent mouse movement (in
the timeout period?) before triggering the popup ? Otherwise the feature
is really nice :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.